I sometimes receive questions about what kind of tools and materials we use for our Sashiko project. They are very common tools, so here is a list of tools we use.
- Sashiko thread (it has to have some thickness)
- Sashiko needle (it has to be long enough to fit the Sashiko thimble)
- Sashiko thimble, a round shape on a palm
- Pin pillow
- Thread Cutting Scissors
For sewing/tailoring the Sashiko fabric
- Sewing Thread for Machine
- Sewing Machine needle
- Hand sewing needles
- Dressmaker pins
- Tailor’s marking chalk
- Dressmaker’s tracing wheel / Tracing pen
- “Chakopee” / Dressmaker’s tracing paper
- Seam Ripper
- Variety of Fabrics, including:
- Fusible (Inter-facing Fusible)
Enjoy your Sashiko project with tools from Sashi.Co & Keiko Futatsuya
Most of them can be purchased in your local hobby stores or online.
Some of them are unique, and maybe available only in Japan (Such as Chakopee or thread cutting scissors). When we have enough budget, we will try to provide them on this web store.