How to draw AsanoHa Pattern
- Draw horizontal lines. Keep the same interval between each line. The interval is 5 cm for Download materials.
- Set a center dot and line. Then, mark a dot evenly with 5 cm interval on the center line. After marking dots on the center line, move to other horizontal lines to make dots. On other lines, mark dots 2.5cm shifted from the previous dot and line.
- Draw lines with connecting each dots you created in the previous step.
- Draw lines with length of 3.5 cm from all the dots you marked in the previous step (from the yellow dots)
- Connecting the end of 3.5 cm lines and the dots. Drawing small rhombus shape in big rhombus shapes.
- DONE! Enjoy your Sashiko.
[…] This little pincushion was the final project as part of the course, and i found it so incredibly satisfying. This is the project where i really relaxed more and let perfectionism go – and guess what – i love it! I’m so proud of this little pinchushion and am really enjoying using it when i sew at home. The AsanoHa pattern was already printed on the fabric we were supplied with, But Keiko (Atsushi’s mum) has a great tutorial on her blog for how to draw AsanoHa. […]